MODULE 1: I O S / X C O D E I N T E R F A C E B U I L D E R
- LESSON 1: How to set up a new Xcode project
- LESSON 2: How to use the Interface Builder to design and create the appearance of your app.
- LESSON 3: How to find your way around Xcode.
- LESSON 4: How to size and arrange various UI elements.
- LESSON 5: How to add custom image assets to Xcode projects.
- LESSON 6: How to create app icons and size them for all resolutions.
- LESSON 7: How to run apps on the iOS Simulator as well as sideload to a physical device.
MODULE 2: I N T R O D U C T I O N T O I O S D E V E L O P M E N T
- LESSON 1: Learn to clone projects from GitHub.
- LESSON 2: Link design with code via IBActions and IBOutlets.
- LESSON 3: Learn to detect user interaction through UIButtons.
- LESSON 4: Understand and use Swift variables, constants and collection types
- LESSON 5: Learn about printing and commenting in Swift.
- LESSON 6: Learn about randomisation in swift and range operators.
- LESSON 7: Learn to use Image Literals in code.
- LESSON 8: Learn to use Swift Playgrounds.
- LESSON 9: Understand the data type system and the primitive data types such as Strings, Ints and Doubles
MODULE 3: I O S A U T O L A Y O U T A N D S E T T I N G C O N S T R A I N T S
- LESSON 1: How to add constraints and understand how auto layout works
- LESSON 2: How to Pin and Align UI elements.
- LESSON 3: How to create containers to configure advanced layouts.
- LESSON 4: How to debug auto layout errors.
- LESSON 5: Understand the prerequisites to automatic layout.
- LESSON 6: How to use stack views to easily layout your UI.
MODULE 4: R E A D I N G A N D U S I N G A P P L E D O C U M E N T A T I O N
- LESSON 1: Figure out how to play sound using AVFoundation and AVAudioPlayer through understanding Apple documentation
- LESSON 2: How to use Swift functions and understand input parameters and return types
- LESSON 3: Error handling using try and catch
- LESSON 4: Code refactoring.
- LESSON 5: Basic debugging for code errors.
MODULE 5: C O N T R O L F L O W A N D O P T I O N A L S
- LESSON 1: Understand the need and use cases of Swift Optionals
- LESSON 2: How to use IF-ELSE and Switch statements to control the flow of code execution
- LESSON 3: Learn about Swift Dictionaries.
- LESSON 4: Learn to use the UIProgressView to create an animated progress bar.
- LESSON 5: Figure out how to use the Timer object in Swift using documentation.
MODULE 6: I O S D E S I G N P A T T E R N S A N D T H E M O D E L - V I E W - C O N T R O L L E R ( M V C )
- LESSON 1: What is a design pattern and how is it used in programming.
- LESSON 2: How to use the Model-View-Controller or MVC pattern for app development
- LESSON 3: Learn about 2D arrays.
- LESSON 4: Learn about Swift Structures and creating custom types.
- LESSON 5: Learn about struct initialisation.
- LESSON 6: Learn about properties and methods and the difference between functions and methods
- LESSON 7: Learn about immutability and the mutating keyword.