Getting started with Puppet
Puppet Course Overview
Getting Started with Puppet is a three-day course with a guided, hands-on approach and designed for users who are new to managing their infrastructure using Puppet’s products. Lab-focused and prescriptive, Getting Started with Puppet provides a faster way to bring your IT environment under control by using Puppet, Puppet Discovery, tasks and Bolt, Puppet Development Kit (PDK). You will be armed with the tools and resources to automate your infrastructure and get up and running faster than ever.
What you will learn
- How to set up a Puppet development environment
- How to bring an unmanaged IT infrastructure under control
- How and when to run ad hoc tasks with Bolt and Puppet tasks
- How and when to manage system state using Puppetmodules
- How to manage Windows and Linux servers using a common Puppetcode base
- How to locate, download, wrap, and deploy modules from the Puppet Forge
- How to classify test nodes to enforce configuration
- How to collect and analyse results in the Enterprise Console
Who should attend?
This course is intended for sysadmins, SREs, DevOps engineers or similar who manage Windows, Linux, or Unix infrastructure and want a hands-on introduction to managing their infrastructure.
This course assumes you know how to deploy applications on your operating system, and you know a scripting language.
a). Products overview
b). Explore the PuppetEnterprise console
c). Run Discovery
d). Run Bolt and tasks
e). Understand and perform task plans
f). Understand declarative and imperative concepts
g). Set up your lab environment
a). Understand the life cycle of a agent run
b). Use Puppetmodules from the Forge
c). Create wrapper modules
d). Apply basic module testing
e). Create role and profile modules
a). Create a baseline
b). Create and accept parameters in the baseline
c). Define an application stack