To obtain the IBM Cognos 10 BI Administrator in Qatar certification, the candidates must possess the skills identified under Recommended Prerequisite Skills, if any, and pass one exam.
The Cognos 10 Business Intelligence Administrator exam covers key concepts, technologies, and functionality of the Cognos products. In preparation for the exam, we recommend the combination of training and hands-on experience and a detailed review of product documentation.
IBM Cognos 10 BI Administrator in Qatar Modules
Module 1: Manage Administrative Content
- Define the steps of creating a data source
- Define the steps and options to deploy content from one Cognos 10 environment to another
Module 2: Manage Report Content
- Identify techniques to organize report content in the portal
- Describe techniques to manage report content
- Describe the technique to allow users to navigate from one report to another
Module 3: Manage the Security Environment
- Define how authentication is implemented in Cognos 10
- Define how authorization is achieved and implemented in Cognos 10
Module 4: Manage the Server Environment
- Identify Cognos 10 architecture and components
- Describe how Cognos 10 processes requests
- Identify installation options and configurations
- Identify load balancing options
- Describe tasks to implement baseline configuration and performance tuning in Cognos 10
- Describe tasks used to manage dispatchers and services
- Describe how to implement logging
- Identify troubleshooting techniques and resources in the server environment
The IBM Cognos 10 BI Administrator C2090-622 course provides training to the new administrators on the fundamental tasks of installing and configuring IBM Cognos Analytics and administering servers and content in the environment.
In the course, the participants will install and configure IBM Cognos Analytics software, implement the security, and manage the server components. The administrator is responsible to administer the content and the servers. This individual will then be able to participate as an effective team member.
Prior to your preparation for this associate-level certification, the following knowledge and skills are recommended and assumed:
- Knowledge of Web application server architectures and security systems administration
- Experience using the Windows operating system and a web browser