MS Dynamics RMS
Drive retail growth with a flexible, connected solution
Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) offers small and mid-market retailers a complete point of sale (POS) solution that can be adapted to meet unique retail requirements. This powerful software package automates POS processes and store operations, provides centralized control for multi-store retailers, and integrates with Microsoft Office system programs, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and other popular applications. Microsoft Dynamics RMS is built on a proven Microsoft platform that adapts to meet unique and changing retail needs
Set up and use easily
Minimize disruptions with a retail management solution designed for rapid installation and ease of use.
- Work with expert Microsoft Certified Partners to quickly set up and tailor Microsoft Dynamics RMS to meet your specific retail management needs.
- Enable employees to learn POS procedures in minutes with built-in wizards and an intuitive user interface.
- Customize data fields to track information you want to see about customers, inventory, and suppliers.
- Keep costs down now and into the future with support for existing computers and OPOS (OLE for POS)-compatible peripherals.
Automate inventory and purchasing management
- Track and manage inventory using any stock and sales method and inventory types that include standard, serialized, kit, assembly, matrix, lot matrix, voucher, non-inventory, and weighed.
- Manage complex, multidimensional inventory requirements with easy-to-use matrix forms.
- Track item movement and supplier histories, quickly generate purchase orders, and add items on the fly.
- Export purchase orders to Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word for easy customization and viewing in a matrix grid format.
Streamline transaction processing
Respond quickly to customer needs with efficient, personalized service.
- Work with a customizable POS screen that offers immediate access to prices, availability, and stock location.
- Access customer histories at the POS; handle multiple tenders and partial payments at checkout; and quickly create and process returns, back orders, sales quotes, work orders, and layaways.
- Expedite checkouts, target customer preferences to offer up-sells and cross-sells, and implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
- Eliminate credit card terminals and dedicated phone lines for card transaction processing.
Help reduce shrinkage, false returns, credit card fraud, and unauthorized discounts with 31 levels of user security features.
Improve marketing efforts
Target your marketing efforts based on accurate customer data, including preferences and detailed purchase histories.
- Easily set up discounts, promotions, and sales to increase customer satisfaction.
- Work with flexible pricing structures to offer special pricing to your best customers.
- Send targeted mailings with offers and promotions to selected customers.
- Display up-sells so that associates can mention them.
- Collaborate with suppliers to advertise products, promotions, new items, or upcoming events to customers in line with a secondary net display.
Analyze data with flexible reporting options
Integrate with other solutions
Help eliminate duplicate data entry, connect business information and processes, and protect your existing software investments.
- Connect retail and financial management across a multi-store network with integration to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Work with familiar Microsoft Office system applications such as Excel and Word for data analysis and communications.
- Use Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and integrate with leading credit card services to reduce fraud and human error.
- Manage accounts receivable in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System Store Operations, then trade summary POS data with popular accounting software such as Intuit QuickBooks (U.S. version).
- Work with independent software vendors to enhance existing functionality. You can also add new features, functionality, and applications, including vertical solutions, accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) integration, eCommerce solutions, personal digital assistant (PDA) and mobile/wireless stations, and additional integration to EDC and credit card services.
Scale to meet business growth
Work with a scalable, flexible platform that helps you adapt efficiently to mid-market business requirements and drive a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Retailers can deploy and manage Microsoft Dynamics RMS chain-wide, giving them the visibility and control they need to compete in a highly competitive retail environment. Read more about using Microsoft Dynamics RMS for chain stores.
- Retailers can help drive more value from their existing investments and keep the same retail management software and systems as their business grows into multiple stores and retail channels. As they add customers and products to the ystem, flexible Microsoft SQL Server database technologies can store and manage virtually unlimited amounts of information.
- Data generated at stores across the retail chain can be integrated with merchandising systems, warehouse systems, and other back-office enterprise systems or portals, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- An extensive catalog of Microsoft Certified Partner add-on solutions-including e-commerce, mobility, business intelligence, merchandising, and others-further enhance the investment value of a solution that can be tailored to suit demanding retail needs.